Summer berry salad…
Light, tangy and a great alternative to the more usual mayo dressed chicken salads.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 4 chicken breasts about 150-175 g (5-6 oz) each
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon multicoloured or black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Little salt
- 150 g (5 oz) raspberries
- 2 x 120g bags mixed salad leaves with red chard and beetroot strips
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped chives or parsley to decorate, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/fan 180oC/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a roasting tin with foil and add the chicken breasts in a single layer then fold the edges of the foil up around the chicken to make a dish.
- Mix together the honey, mustard and peppercorns with 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of oil and a little salt then spread over the chicken, turning to coat both sides thinly.
- Roast for about 25 minutes until golden brown and the juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife in the centre.
- Crush half the raspberries with a fork then mix with the remaining vinegar and a little salt and pepper then whisk in the remaining oil.
- Sieve to discard the raspberry seeds.
- Add the salad leaves to a serving bowl, toss with the dressing then sprinkle with the remaining raspberries.
- Cut the hot chicken into thin slices, toss through the salad, drizzle with the juices from the foil then sprinkle with the chopped herbs if using and serve immediately.
Credits : Seasonal Berries