Mini cherry and lemon drizzle cakes…
Quick and easy.
Who can resist this bite sized version of a favourite cake with a jewel like cherry in the centre.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
What you need:
- 50 g (2 oz) soft margarine
- 50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 75 g (3 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 18 British cherries, about 125 g (4½ oz) in total, stalks and stones removed
- 75 g (3 oz) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly brush 18 sections of 2 x 12 mini muffin tins with a little sunflower or vegetable oil.
- Add the soft margarine, caster sugar, flour, egg and lemon rind to a bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the oiled muffin tin sections and press a cherry into the centre of each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cakes are lightly risen and golden brown.
- Meanwhile mix the lemon juice and granulated sugar together in a bowl.
- Allow the cakes to cool for a few minutes then loosen the edges with a knife and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Quickly spoon the lemon juice mixture over the hot cakes and leave for the syrup to soak in and the sugar to form a crunchy topping.
- Serve warm or cold.
Guest Post Credits- Seasonal Berries