Peanut Butter and Jam Cupcakes By Debbie Nicholas
Guest post today on the blog sharing some yummy Peanut Butter and Jam Cupcakes, how yummy!? By Debbie Nicholas.
410 calories / 25.3g fat per portion
Debbie says: ‘These yummy cupcakes are so easy – perfect for kids and grown-ups alike. And there’s the added excitement of seeing the jam ooze out of the middle when you bite!’
For the cupcakes:
- 150g (5oz) Kerrygold butter
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g (4½ oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120ml (4fl oz) milk
- 75g (3oz) blackcurrant or raspberry seedless jam
For the frosting:
- 150g (5oz) cream cheese or mascarpone
- 350g (12oz) icing sugar
- 110g (4oz) smooth peanut butter
- 25g (1oz) unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Place 10 paper cupcake cases into a bun tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg, beating well between each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold one third into the mixture, then stir in one third of the milk.
- Continue this process until both are fully mixed in.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases (try using an ice cream scoop to keep the cupcakes the same size).
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- When the cakes have cooled, inject with the jam using a syringe (available over the counter at chemists’ for administering children’s medicine).
To make the topping:
- Beat together the cream cheese or mascarpone, icing sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
- Pipe or swirl onto each cake and finish with a sprinkling of crushed peanuts.
- If you like, use low fat soft cheese instead of cream cheese or mascarpone.
Recipe and photo credits-
Debbie Nicholas’ recipe has been taken from the Kerrygold Community Recip-e-book, available for free download now! Visit Kerrygold UK for more delicious recipes and to download your free copy.