Tenderstem®, Beetroot & Toasted Seed Salad with Lemon Dressing …
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 200g Tenderstem®, stems cut in half
- 80g mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 250g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
For lemon dressing:
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil (we used Hill Farm Oil)
- Juice ½-1 lemon, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt, to taste
What to do:
- Make the dressing by whisking together the rapeseed oil and lemon juice to taste.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
- Steam or boil the Tenderstem® for 3 to 4 minutes until just tender but with a little bite.
- While the Tenderstem® is cooking toast the seeds by tipping them into a small frying pan.
- Add Kikkoman Soy Sauce and cook over a medium heat, tossing regularly to coat all over, for about 3 minutes until the seeds are crisp and golden.
- Take care not to burn them or they will taste bitter.
- Arrange the cooked Tenderstem® and beetroot wedges on a plate, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle over the toasted seeds and chives.
- Serve immediately.
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Love Beetroot