Hello and happy Monday!!
Welcome to this weeks Creative Mondays linky party!
Hosted by me and the lovely Judy :Clairejustineoxox and Judy-H-JS Thought.
A blog hop linky where you can link up all your creative post each week….
So cold this week I have got my slow cooker out and been making some stew, this is our favourite recipe…
Serves 4-6 made in large slow cooker…
You will need:
- 8 Carrots
- 6-8 Potatoes
- 1 Turnip
- 1 Swede
- 2 onions
- 2 Beef stock cubes
- 800g Lean diced beef
- Virgin olive oil
- 1tsp Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 200g (8oz) Self raising flour
- 100g (4oz) Shredded suet
- Pinch of salt
- 10 tablespoons cold water
- Peel and chop the carrots,potatoes,turnip, and swede into small cubes place in water and set aside until ready to start.
- In a pan drain the vegetables and make up 2 pints of stock with the beef stock cubes add to the vegetables with the mixed herbs,thyme salt and pepper,gently reach boiling point then simmer for a few minutes (until meat is ready).
- Once placed the vegetables on, in another a frying pan heat some virgin olive oil up and gently brown the beef cubes (cut any large pieces with scissors ) and add the onions, stir until all meat has turned brown.
- Place the vegetables in the bottom of the slow cooker with the stock.
- Drain all the fat from the beef pan add the beef and onions to the slow cooker
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on slow for about 6-8 hours.
- About a hour before the end mix the flour, suet,and salt mix with the water.
- Divide and shape into 16 small ball.
- Place on top of the stew for last hour turn slow cooker up to high…
Link up your :
Outfit or anything creative and fun post’s below..
Link as many posts up as you like to from the past few weeks.
Please leave a comment here and visit a few posts on this blog hop and leave comments there.
It would be lovely if you would grab the Creative Monday widget, button or add a text link and place it somewhere on your blog posts to help spread the Creative Mondays blog hop word..
Please follow us in some way by GFC Google+ Twitter, pintrest or via Email ? please leave us a comment so we can follow back...