I love to eat soup on a cold Winters day.
Sweet Potatoes And Orange Soup…
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 large sweet potato
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 orange
- In a heavy base pan on a medium heat, place the oil, garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, cook and stir for a further five minutes before adding the stock.
- Bring to the boil and turn down the heat to a gentle simmer
- Cook until the potatoes breaks when squashed with a fork against the side of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and with the help of a hand blender or food processor cream the soup.
- Return to the heat, add the orange juice and adjust the seasoning.
- The thickness of the soup will depend on the actual size of the potato.
- If it’s too thin you can either add more mashed sweet potatoes or boil it a little longer to reduce it.
- If it’s too thick add a little extra stock or water.
- You can add cream if you like, but we prefer it without, as the soup will taste good even if served cold.
- For extra velvetiness add a couple of white potatoes
About this post- This is a free guest post by Love Sweet Potatoes