Portuguese Banana Yogurt Cake.
Afternoon Tea Recipe.
The cake is moorish, soft and really easy to make.
How To Make A Portuguese Banana Yogurt Cake:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 150g Rachel’s Greek Style Honey Yogurt
- 2 bananas, blended to a puree with a squeeze of lemon juice
- 250g plain flour
- 120g caster sugar
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 80g Rachel’s Greek Style Honey Yogurt
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Portuguese Banana Yogurt Cake Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a 24cm ring cake mould or alternatively you could use a large loaf tin.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to remove all lumps.
- Pour the cake batter into the mould and place in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes, until light brown and springy to touch.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake on to a wire rack to cool further.
- Meanwhile make the icing by placing the yogurt in a small bowl, add the icing sugar and beat well.
- Pour over the cake and leave to set.
What do you think about this Portuguese Banana Yogurt Cake recipe?
Do you fancy trying a slice?
About this post – Recipe and photo credit by Rachel’s
Some More Posts You Might Like:
Gluten Free Black Forest Gâteau Cake Pops:
(Dairy + Gluten Free)
Cake pops make a really eye-catching, fun addition to a party table and a brilliant activity to make with the children one weekend. WARNING: Guaranteed to get messy!
Gluten Free Black Forest Gâteau Cake Pops.
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake:
A classic Autumnal cake with a twist.
The zesty Lime & Lemongrass Cordial contrasts with the sweetness of the carrot while the lip-smackingly good lime-infused icing puckers the mouth!
This cake can be transformed into something scary for Halloween simply with a change of décor – see below and be afraid, be very afraid!
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: