Sticky Gingerbread & Pecan Pudding served with Ginger & Rum Yoghurt …
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30-35 mins
Served in 175ml pudding basins, well buttered and floured.
- 250g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt
- 100ml ginger wine
- 100ml rum
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 75g self raising flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger, heaped
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp cloves, ground
- 1 egg, large
- 40g butter soft
- 50g sugar molasses
- 75ml water, warm
- 50g stem ginger, chopped
- 75g Bramley apple, peeled and chopped
- 75g pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 360°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. In a saucepan reduce the ginger wine, rum and soft brown sugar until it forms a syrup. Leave to cool.
3. In a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices, then add the egg, butter and molasses sugar.
4. Using an electric hand mixer or mixer, whisk everything together, gradually adding the warm water to make a smooth mixture.
5. Fold in the stem ginger, apple and pecans.
6. Divide the mixture into the buttered pudding basins and cook in the middle of an oven for 30 – 35 minutes, until they feel firm and springy to the touch.
7. Gently ease the puddings from their basins. Mix the rum and ginger wine syrup with the yoghurt and serve on top of the hot puddings.
About this post- This is a free guest post by Total Greek Yoghurt