Sticky Spiced Mushroom Skewers …
Prep: 10 mins + marinating
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- half tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 250g shiitake mushrooms
- noodles, griddled vegetables to serve
- Mix the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the mushrooms and stir well until they are coated in the marinade.
- Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the marinade into a small pan and simmer for 1-2 mins until syrupy.
- Thread the mushrooms onto skewers then cook over hot barbecue coals or griddle or under a hot grill for about 10 mins, turning frequently and brushing with more of the marinade.
- Serve hot with noodles and char grilled peppers and courgettes.
Recipe and photo credit by More To Mushrooms