Truvia Mince Pies.
Prep time 35 mins
Bake time 20 mins
For the pastry:
- 225g Plain flour
- 115g Low fat butter or margarine, cold
- 1 pinch salt
- 75ml cold water
For The Mincemeat ( makes lots to save to ):
- 225g Bramley apple, grated
- 225g sultanas
- 225g raisins
- 225g currants
- 65g Truvia
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 60ml Brandy – optional
- To make the pastry place the flour, salt and butter in a bowl and rub in using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cold water a little at a time, mixing with a knife until it starts to come together.
- Use your hands to bring the pastry together into a ball, then knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile to make the mincemeat, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl then place in sterilised jars until you need it.
- Now preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and lightly grease a muffin or tart tin.
- Next roll out the pastry until it is the thickness of a £1 coin, then cut out 8 discs using a 7.5cm round cutter, then cut out 8 star shapes for the lids.
- You could use slightly smaller discs if preferred.
- Place the larger discs into the tin, then spoon in approximately 1 teaspoon of mincement into each base then place the lids on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the pies are golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Recipe and photo credit by Truvia