Fairtrade Fortnight (February 25 – March 10).
Malawian-style peanut and banana cake…
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 170g Fairtrade soft brown sugar
- 85g butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 Fairtrade bananas
- 60g Fairtrade peanut
- Pre heat the oven to 170C.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the beaten eggs slowly.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts and roast them in the oven for a few minutes until they are a darker shade.
- (be careful they can burn easily).
- Add the mashed bananas and nuts to the mixture.
- Fold in all the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into a large loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Recipe and photo credit by Fairtrade