I use to love, love, love, love heart sweets when I was little. Could not eat them, fast enough.
Ripping the packaging off to see what the next one said.
When I saw this tube of little packs in the pound shop, I could not wait to make something with them….
I did not expect them to go as fast as this though!!
- 125g Self raising flour (sieved)
- 125g Golden Caster sugar
- 125g Margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 25g Coco powder
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 140g Icing sugar
- 100g Margarine
- 2 tablespoon summer fruit dilute pop
- 10 love heart sweets for crushing
- 12 for the tops of the cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place 12 muffin bun cases in a 12 holed muffin tray.
- Place the margarine and golden caster sugar in a bowl and mix together with an electric whisk.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour.
- Mix in the remaining flour and coco powder milk and vanilla essence.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin cases.
- Cook in the middle of a preheated oven for around 25 minutes.
- Once cooked place on a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Making the icing:
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and add the butter and pop. Whisk all together.
- Place into a icing bag and pipe onto the buns.
- Put 10 sweets into a food bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle onto the cakes
- Place a love heart sweet into the middle of each