Over the weekend we have had fun making our own recipes, as we were invited to take part in the Jordans Recipe Challenge. Our idea will be posted over at their website for two weeks, so we wanted to come up with something fun, easy to make, tasty and healthy!!
We toyed with the ideas of flapjacks, cookies and fruit crumble but still needed to find something a little bit healthier. My children said “can we add lots of fruit” and I opened the fridge to find natural yogurt so that is how we came up with our recipe. They loved making these and had lots of fun layering up the ingredients.
To start we made mine so we could set out a method of how to make them up. Then the kids mixed and matched all their favourite things, layer by layer, so they all had their customised recipes. The best part was eating them, they never left a thing and loved them as an afternoon treat instead of chocolate.
Chef Edd Kimber (winner of Great British Bake Off 2010) will choose a winner and two runners up and the winning recipe will be published in the Jordans Cereals newsletter.
We want to share our fun, fruity and healthy breakfast, brunch, snack or supper time treat, we have called it –
Crispy Crunch Fruit Sundae
- Jordans country choc crisp
- Jordans fruit and nut muesli
- Jordans super fruity granola
- 500g Natural yogurt
- 300g Strawberries chopped
- 2 Bananas sliced
- 300g tinned cubed pineapple drained or fresh
- Honey (optional)
- Chop all your fruit into bowls and get everything ready to spoon in.
- Layer up, starting a few tablespoons full at a time with cereals,yogurt, fruit and repeat 3 times spoon a little yogurt at top the add a little bit of each fruit and cereal on top.
- Squeeze a little honey on top for flavour
- Try using different fruits, flavoured yogurts, one or more cereal and topping for a completely different treat.
- We are hoping to try blueberries, Kiwi and raspberries this weekend.
Big thumbs up all around and LOTS of “mum when can we have another!!”