I love, love, love lemon cake and today I’m sharing an Elderflower & Lemon Drizzle Cake as a guest post from Belvoir.
How To Make A Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50minutes
- 225g/8oz butter, softened
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour, sifted
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 100ml/4floz Belvoir’s elderflower cordial
- 30ml/ 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ Fan160C/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a (20cm) round, deep loose-based tin and base line with baking parchment.
- Place the butter sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the butter and sugar together untl they are pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, whisking well between additions and adding 2 tbsp of the flour with the last egg – this will prevent curdling.
- Sift over the remaining flour, then gently fold in with a metal spoon along with 2 tbsp hot water.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, level the surface and bake for 45-50 mins or until it is shrinking away from the sides of the tin.
- A fine skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 mins.
- Squeeze the lemon juice, then sieve to remove the bits, stir in the cordial.
- Use the fine skewer to prick the cake all over, pour over the syrup then sprinkle over the sugar – it should sink in but leave a crunchy crust.
- Leave to cool completely, before removing the cake from the tin.
- Serve in wedges.
About this post –
Recipe and photo credit by Belvoir Fruit Farms
What do you think of this Elderflower And Lemon Drizzle Cake?
Fancy making one for the weekend?
Let us know if you get to make one.
We would love to hear your thoughts.
You Might Also Like:
Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake.
Gluten Free Mini Elderflower and Lemon Loaf Cakes.
Elderflower And Lime Cheesecake.