What time is it you may ask!?
It’s time for some yummy Golden syrup cupcakes.
Hands up who fancies a cupcake?
How To Make Lyle’s Golden Syrup Cupcakes:
Prep time 25 minutes
Cooking time 20-25 minutes
- 185g (6½oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 150g (5oz) Tate & Lyle’s Golden Caster sugar
- 185g (6½oz) self-raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
For The Butter Cream And Decoration:
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (7oz) Tate & Lyle’s Icing sugar + extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup + extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp milk
You Will Also Need:
- 12-hole muffin tin lined with paper cake cases
- Piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°, Gas 4.
- Combine the butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup, Tate & Lyle’s Golden Caster sugar, flour, eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Beat with an electric hand mixer for about 1 minute until soft and creamy.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen, golden brown and they spring back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- For the buttercream, put the butter in a bowl, sift over the icing sugar and mix until soft, then add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and milk and stir until smooth.
- Transfer to the piping bag and nozzle and decorate the cakes with a swirl of buttercream.
- Drizzle over a little Lyle’s Golden Syrup, lightly dust with Tate & Lyle’s Icing sugar and serve.
Recipe and photo credit by-This recipe was made using Tate and Lyle sugars and Lyle’s golden syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile or Lyles Golden Syrup
What do you think of these Lyle’s Golden Syrup Cupcakes?
Fancy making some?