Today I have a guest recipe post from Bonne Maman, 30 Best Loved Recipes’ Hachette Book. Some very yummy looking coconut bites. How sweet are the jam jars too? I could think of lots of things to use them for…
Going to look for some of this jam too when I next go shopping next…
Makes 24 sponge bites
- 140g flour
- 4 eggs
- 120g sugar
- ½ jar Bonne Maman Raspberry Conserve
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc / 350ºf / Gas Mark 4.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
- Break the eggs into a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, add the sugar and whisk until the mixture has doubled in volume.
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking until mixture has cooled to almost room temperature.
- Gently fold in the flour and pour the mixture into a 33 x 23cm rectangular baking tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut the sponge into 5x5cm cubes, cover each one with a thin layer of jam and roll in the desiccated coconut to serve.
About this guest post-
Taken from ‘Bonne Maman 30 Best Loved Recipes’ Hachette Book. Bonne Maman Bitter Orange Marmalade can also be used if preferred.