Kids will love these simple chocolate pots with spooky tombstone cookies for Halloween.
- 200ml double cream
- 130g dark plain chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 70g milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp liquid glucose
- 2 egg yolks
- 20g butter
- 100g Rachel’s GREEK STYLE natural yogurt
- 50g Oreo cookies crushed
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
Method for the Chocolate Pots:
- Heat the cream, do not allow it to boil.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and pour over the hot cream.
- Stir the chocolate until it melts and there is a smooth consistency.
- Add the liquid glucose, egg yolks and butter, and beat lightly to combine the ingredients into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the yogurt.
- Pour the mixture into the glasses and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- 50g Oreo cookies, crushed
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- 112g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Couple of drops vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
Method for the Cookies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Begin by crushing the Oreo cookies and then put them to one side.
- In a large bowl or using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the caster sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and blend until a soft dough is formed.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookies to the mixture and combine fully until you have a speckled looking dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour (this will make it easier to roll out).
- On a floured surface roll out the dough to ½ cm thickness.
- With a sharp knife, cut out tombstone shapes and place the cookies apart on the tray.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are slightly browned for approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before handling.
- Using a small piping bag with a small plain nozzle, fill with the melted chocolate and pipe the letters RIP.
- Leave once again for the chocolate to set.
- Place a RIP cookie in the centre of each glass and then sprinkle crushed Oreo cookie crumb around the biscuit to look like soil and stones.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit by Rachel’s the organic dairy