Halloween Chocolate Pots: Graveyard Special. Hello friends. Are you looking for some spooky Halloween recipe ideas?
how about making some Halloween Chocolate Pots?
Kids will love these simple chocolate pots with spooky tombstone cookies for Halloween.
How To Make Halloween Chocolate Pots:
- 200ml double cream
- 130g dark plain chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 70g milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp liquid glucose
- 2 egg yolks
- 20g butter
- 100g Rachel’s GREEK STYLE natural yogurt
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
Method For The Chocolate Pots:
- Heat the cream, do not allow it to boil.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and pour over the hot cream.
- Stir the chocolate until it melts and there is a smooth consistency.
- Add the liquid glucose, egg yolks and butter, and beat lightly to combine the ingredients into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the yogurt.
- Pour the mixture into the glasses and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Method For The Biscuits:
- 50g Oreo cookies, crushed
- 180g unsalted butter softened
- 112g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- A couple of drops vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour sifted
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
Method For The Cookies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Begin by crushing the Oreo cookies and then put them to one side.
- In a large bowl or using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the caster sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and blend until a soft dough is formed.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookies to the mixture and combine fully until you have a speckled looking dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour (this will make it easier to roll out).
- On a floured surface roll out the dough to ½ cm thickness.
- With a sharp knife, cut out tombstone shapes and place the cookies apart on the tray.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are slightly browned for approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before handling.
- Using a small piping bag with a small plain nozzle, fill with the melted chocolate and pipe the letters RIP.
- Leave once again for the chocolate to set.
- Place a RIP cookie in the centre of each glass and then sprinkle crushed Oreo cookie crumb around the biscuit to look like soil and stones.
- Serve immediately.
Halloween Chocolate Pots. Recipe and photo credit by Rachel’s the organic dairy.
What do you think of these Halloween Chocolate Pots?
You Might Also Like:
WIitche’s Ribs With Vampire Toast.
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins: Trick Or Treat.