One thing I have never made is my own ice cream.
After sharing this guest post from Whitworths I need to try!!
- 400ml whipping cream
- 40ml of Rum, Orange Liqueur or Amaretto
- 65g Whitworths Raisins
- 55g Whitworths Sultanas
- 55g Whitworths Currants
- 35g Mixed Peel
- 100g Whitworths Cranberries
- 25g Whitworths Hazelnuts, chopped
- 50g Icing Sugar
- Half of a 397g can of sweetened condensed milk
- 200g small can evaporated milk
- 50g butter
- 125g Granulated sugar
- 125g Whitworths Chopped Dates
- 2 drops vanilla essence
Method; Ice Cream:
- The night before you want to make your pudding, mix the Raisins, Sultanas, Currants, Peel & alcohol in a bowl and leave overnight to soak.
- Whip the cream together with the icing sugar until it just holds its shape.
- Fold in the fruit mix, cranberries and chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour into a 1 pint pudding basin which has been lined with cling film and freeze until firm.
- Turn the ice cream out onto a serving dish and leave in the refrigerator to soften for 1 hour.
- Pour the warm sauce over the entire pudding, or onto each individual piece when sliced.
- Put the milks, butter and sugar into a pan and heat slowly, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and heat gently, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is thick and golden in colour.
- Remove from the heat, beat well and stir in the dates and vanilla essence. Note: Use sauce warm rather than hot.
Guest post from Whitworths.