Primula Santa’s Cheese Cakes.
Give the family something to ho ho ho! about with scrumptious bite-sized Primula Santa Cheese Cakes – a decadent way of using Primula Original Cheese in your festive baking.
Preparation: 24 hours
How To Make Primula Santa’s Cheese Cakes:
- 1 tube of Primula Original Cheese
- 4 ginger biscuits
- 3 digestive biscuits
- 12 strawberries
- 60g icing sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 50g butter
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 12 cupcake liners (5cm in diameter)
Primula Santa’s Cheese Cakes Method:
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Put the digestive and ginger biscuits in a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are a crumbly powder. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter until it starts to join together.
- Place a spoonful of the biscuit mixture in the base of each cupcake liner and press down firmly to the bottom using a teaspoon until each base is roughly 1cm in thickness. It is easier to pop the liners in a cupcake-baking tray, as they will keep their shape. Place in the fridge to set whilst you make the cheese mix.
- Squeeze Primula Original Cheese into a mixing bowl and add the icing sugar and vanilla extract. Mix to a smooth consistency. In a separate bowl whip up 150ml double cream until it stands in stiff peaks. Fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
- Follow the gelatine mix as described on the packaging and stir thoroughly through the cheese.
- Take the bases from the fridge and spoon in the cheesecake mix on top (2.5cm thick) and place inside the fridge to set overnight. Take the cheesecakes out of the fridge and remove the liners. To decorate, cut the tops off 12 strawberries.
- Place the strawberries upside down on the top to look like a Santa hat. Whip up the remaining double cream, until it stands in stiff peaks and put into a piping bag.
- Pipe a tiny decorative silver ball on the top of every strawberry and a ring of balls around the base. This will look like the fur parts of the hat! Serve and enjoy!
Fancy making any of these Primula Santa’s Cheese Cakes?
About this post –
Recipe and photo credit by Primula
You Might Also Like:
Santa’s Little Helper And Sparkling Peppermint Swirl Holiday Cocktails.
Homemade Mince Pies.
11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies And Tarts Ideas For Christmas.
Primula Surprise Mince Pies.
Truvia Mince Pies.
Sweet Mince Pies with Greek Yoghurt.
Meringue-Topped Mince Pies: One Or Two For Santa.