Christmas is all about spreading joy; so why not give your loved ones a little surprise this year with real mince pies, loaded with spicy minced beef and a surprise cheesy centre.
Cooking: 18-20 minutes
- 1 tube of Primula Original Cheese
- 500g ready-rolled short crust pastry
- 150g minced beef
- 4-5 chopped sundried tomatoes
- ½ diced onion
- ½ pint beef stock
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2tbsps tomato puree
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp corn flour
- ½tsp sugar
- 1tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Roll out pastry large enough to cut out 10 discs to line the mini muffin tin moulds and 10 smaller discs for lids. Brush the tin moulds with a little oil.
- In a frying pan, fry the mince with about ½ teaspoon of oil. Add the crushed garlic and onions and cook. When the mince is brown add sundried tomatoes, tomato puree and the stock.Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika and sugar and simmer for about 10 minutes so that the liquid reduces.
- Add the corn flour and mix thoroughly. Season to taste.
- In the bottom of each of the pie bases spoon a layer of mince into each and squeeze a layer of Primula Original Cheese on top. Leave enough space to fit the pastry lid.
- Brush the rim of the pie with milk and place the lid on top.
- Pinch around the rim to seal the lid and then make a small hole in the top to allow steam to escape.Brush the top with some milk.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven when the pastry is a nice golden brown. Enjoy piping hot from the oven or cool for a chilled treat.
About this post –
Recipe and photo credit by Primula