Cauliflower Cheese And Ham Tart…
Serves 6 lunch portions
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking time 45 mins
What you Need:
- 1 pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 small cauliflower broken into small florets
- 1 onion diced
- knob of Yeo Valley Butter
- 150g Ham, chopped into chunks
- 3 eggs beaten
- 500ml Yeo Valley crème fraiche
- 100g grated strong cheddar
- Small bunch chives chopped
What to do:
- Preheat to oven to 170C.
- On a floured surface unroll the pastry and roll out to fit a 23cm loose bottomed flan tin.
- Line the tin by gently pushing the pastry into the corners leaving the excess to hang over the edges.
- Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and weigh it down with dried beans or ceramic beans, cook for 15mins then remove the beans and greaseproof and cook for a further 8 mins or until the pastry is pale golden.
- In a pan of boiling water simmer the cauliflower for 5 mins until it starts to soften then drain and set aside.
- Gently frying the onion in Yeo Valley butter for 3-4 mins until soft.
- Using a knife trim the excess pastry from the edge of the case.
- Tip the cauliflower and ham into the pastry shell so they are fairly evenly distributed.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, yeo valley crème fraiche, chives and half the cheese and season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry case and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 30 mins until the top is golden brown with just a slight wobble in the centre.
- Serve warm or cold.
* This can be a great way to use up leftover ham…
Recipe and photo credits – yeo valley