I am very happy to be sharing this review today brought to you by Rocks Drinks.
We have become big fans of Rock Drinks this year often buying their traditional range of Orange and Blackcurrant squash. Over the last few years we have been more aware of what goes into our food and drinks, with squash being a particular problem.
The countries leading brand of squash contains Sodium Citrate, Aspartame, Saccharin, Potassium Sorbate, and Sodium Metabisulphite. When you look up these ingredients on independent websites I am concerned what they may be doing to my children long term. So started investigating alternatives, this is when I discovered Rocks squash. It is slightly more expensive than the leading brand, however my children’s health is worth it.
When scanning the shelves in our local supermarket and examining the ingredients in all the squash available Rocks was the only one with non of the rubbish included. Their new range are actual juice drinks, whereas the ones we have had before are best diluted. So interesting to taste the difference.
What Rocks say about there new frusions drinks:
Drink To A New Year And New You. Partying, drinking and over-eating at Christmas can take their toll on your body and make for a less than healthy start to a new year, but with new Frusion drinks at hand you can start your way back to peak health in no time.
New Frusions, by Rocks Drinks, are organic fruit and vegetable drinks that come in four delicious flavours
- Blackcurrant & Beetroot.
- Carrot & Orange.
- Apple & Ginger.
- Tomato & Cherry.
All can be enjoyed as part of a healthy new eating and drinking regime to counterbalance the festive feast and re-boot your body for the New Year.
Rocks Drinks nutritionist, Ceri Morgan, says:
- “If your New Year’s resolution is to have more energy, be healthier or look better, then what you eat and drink is the best place to start.
- “Particularly after Christmas you are likely to be feeling motivated to make the right start to the New Year.
- By swopping your indulgent holiday eating habits for healthier food and drink you will immediately feel benefits that will spur you on to continue with a healthier lifestyle.
- Packed with fruit and vegetables, which have anti-inflammatory qualities and are easier on the digestive system, Frusion drinks can help the body regain its natural balance post-Christmas.
- Each 245ml serving of a Frusion drink also counts as one of your five-a-day and has a wealth of health benefits.
Apple & Ginger Frusion:
- A deliciously refreshing blend of crisp apples and fresh ginger, with both ingredients recognised for their health properties.
- Ginger contains over 400 active ingredients and has long been used to aid digestion and to fight inflammation.
- So it can help rebalance your body after overindulgence and can support your immune system which can be under pressure in the winter months.
- Apples contain malic and tartaric acid, which can boost your digestion and help remove impurities from the liver.
- They also contain pectin which helps remove toxins from the body.
Sweet carrots are combined with zesty oranges in new Carrot & Orange Frusion:
- Oranges contain Vitamin C which is a key anti-oxidant and these are really important to combat damage caused by free radicals from alcohol consumption.
- Meanwhile carrots are good detoxifiers and also contain beta carotene which your body converts to the anti-oxidant Vitamin A.
The unique blend of Beetroot & Blackcurrant Frusion:
- Offers an earthy sweetness of beetroot with the tart taste of fruity blackcurrants, and while beetroot is a good liver and intestinal cleanser it also helps you to detoxify the liver and the gallbladder which supports the digestion of fat.
- Blackcurrants are a great source of plant chemicals called anthocyanins which are powerful anti-oxidants.
- Blackcurrants are in fact higher in anti-oxidants than blueberries.
- These can prevent damage to your cells which can cause premature ageing.
- They are also high in vitamin C which supports the immune system.
Gloriously ripe tomatoes are blended with cherries in new Tomato & Cherry Frusion:
- Tomatoes can reduce liver inflammation and help the body to resist infection while cherries help cleanse the body and remove toxins from the liver, kidneys and digestive system.
- Cherry juice is used to fight gout which can be caused by a high alcohol and protein diet.
What we think about the Rock new frusion range:
I really like the Carrot and Orange one. On first taste you notice the orange, then a slight veggy kick of the Carrot. Nice and tangy, thicker than their dilute drinks with a more potent kick. The kids found it quite strong at first. We did dilute it slightly for them, they enjoyed it more.
My hubby loved the Tomato and Cherry. Again the fruit you notice first then the thicker richer veg takes centre stage. Or is it two fruits in Tomatoes case? I’m never sure if it is a fruit or veg!!
The daddy though is the Beetroot and Blackcurrant wow what can I say. Cheeky Blackcurrant flavour and a rich beetroot taste. I used to drink Beetroot juice from the jar!! during my 2nd pregnancy. This brought the memories flooding back.. Luckily in a good way!! This was the winner in our household. All family members give it a thumbs up.
We have yet to try the Ginger and Apple so not sure on this one, will update in the future when tasted.
Overall then an interesting new range, the kids will probably stick to the dilute Rocks, with the exception of the Beetroot drink. Myself and Hubby will definitely buy more from the range, anything that gives you some of your five a day both fruit and veg, without eating sprouts is OK with me!!
About the drinks:
- Frusion drinks come in 735ml bottles and are perfect to keep in the fridge so that you can grab a chilled glass in the morning or whenever you fancy a refreshing, juice drink.
- The bottles are made from 80% recycled glass and Frusion drinks are free from added sugar, artificial sweeteners, colours and preservatives.
- New organic Frusion drinks are available nationwide from Ocado and independent health food stores priced at £3.49 (RSP).
About this post-
I got sent 4 bottles of Rocks for the purpose of this review . I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own honest opinion.