Panettone Al Forno…
- 120gr panettone
- 350ml skimmed milk
- 80gr caster sugar
- Plain flour for dusting
- 20gr butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Vanilla sauce to serve
Ingredients (vanilla sauce):
- 500 ml milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod halved lengthways
- Preheat oven at 170c.
- Tear the panettone into pieces and place in a bowl.
- Bring the milk to the boil, remove from heat and stir sugar in until dissolved.
- Pour the mix over the panettone.
- Grease individual mould with butter and dust with flour.
- Put the soaked panettone through a sieve to drain, place in a bowl and add the egg and egg yolk, mix well.
- Spoon the mix into the mould, dot the surface with butter and bake for 20min.
- Then increase oven to 190c for 10min cool it down and serve with vanilla sauce.
Method (vanilla sauce):
- Bring milk to boil then remove from heat.
- In a heatproof bowl put the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla pod; beat vigorously until fluffy, gradually add to the hot milk.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and cook; stir constantly until thickened.
- Strain and leave to cool before serving.
- Serve with ice cream instead of vanilla sauce to save on time!
Recipe and photo credits-
Recipe from Zizzi’s, available in Zizzi restaurants nationwide. To see the other delicious dishes on the menu and to book a table visit Zizzi