Sugar And Spice Crusted Nuts…
Cooking time 10-12 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
- 40g (1½oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 medium egg white
- 75g (3oz) pecans
- 75g (3oz) whole blanched almonds
- 75g (3oz) macadamias
- 1 level tsp salt
- 2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 level tsp ground cumin
- 2 level tsp sweet smoked ground paprika
- 2 level tsp chilli flakes
You will also need a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Fan150°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly whisk the egg white with a fork in a small bowl.
- Add the pecans, almonds and macadamia nuts and toss to coat.
- Combine the Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Granulated Cane Sugar, salt and all the spices in another bowl, then add the nuts and toss so they are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Spread the nuts out on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove and leave to cool before serving in bowls.
Recipe and photo credits- Tate & Lyle