Welsh Lamb Nachos…
Serves: 4 main – 6 for nibbles
Cooking Time: About 30 minutes
- 450g (1lb) Lean Welsh Lamb mince
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 400g (approx) Can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5ml (1tsp) Chilli powder
- 5ml (1tsp) Allspice
- 400g (approx) Can red kidney beans, drained
- 30ml (2tbsp) Tomato ketchup
- 175g approx Bag Tortilla chips/crisps
- 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 Clementines, peeled, sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 Lime, rind and juice removed and used
- Small handful fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 Avocado, peeled and lightly crushed
- Dry fry the Welsh Lamb mince in a small pan until browned with the onion and garlic (place the mince in cold pan & increase the heat – the meat will cook in its own juices)
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chilli, allspice, beans, ketchup and seasoning.
- Simmer on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
Make the Clementine salsa:
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl, mix well together.
- Cover & leave for flavours to infuse.
- Layer tortillas and mince mixture in dish.
- Sprinkle with stilton and place under preheated hot grill for about 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Served the nachos with a large dollop of Clementine salsa.
Recipe and photo credits- Welsh Beef Christmas