Almond Chocolate Valentines Tart…
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 125g Ginger Biscuits
- 115g Whitworths Ground Almonds
- 50g Sugar
- 60g Butter, melted
- 300g Dark Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 225ml Whipping Cream
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 50g Sugar
- 1tbsp Flour
- 100g Whitworths Flaked Almonds
- Fresh strawberries
- Chopped almonds
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / fan 160°C / gas mark 4.
- In a food processor grind the ginger biscuits, ground almonds and sugar.
- Add the melted butter and combine well.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 23cm (9″) heart shaped cake tin.
- Bake the crust in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
To make the filling:
- Combine the chopped chocolate and whipping cream in a saucepan.
- Whisk over a low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and flour in a bowl to blend.
- Very gradually whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until smooth and blended.
- Gently stir in 80g of the flaked almonds.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the crust, sprinkle remaining flaked almonds on top in a heart shape.
- Bake the chocolate tart for 30 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Cool for 1 hour before serving.
- Topped with strawberries and chopped almonds.
Recipe and photo credits by Whitworths