45+ Lifestyle Blogger From Nottingham

Up-Cycled!! : New Year New Shoes…

I have been planning to up cycle some of my shoes and clothing for months now. Things that I have had a long time and never worn, clothes I have brought that are too big/small for me not sure what to do with them.

Most of my unwanted used clothes I give to charity but unworn shoes that are the wrong colour or a little boring and clothes that I brought new and are too small or too big for me and never got taken back to the shop are all mixed in my wardrobe never to be shown daylight again.

Not now, new year and new me!

On my to do list~

Ever thing I use to up cycle these shoes, I had in to!!

Result new sparkly polka dot fun shoes at no cost!!

These shoes I purchased years ago in the sale but the pale green colour never really went with anything I wore and the front to the toes looked such a long way down.

Glue, red glitter, different ribbons and a few hours being held together with pegs and here are my new shoes…

What do you think?

Do you up-cycle?

Now all I need is my husband to take me on a date night “cough cough” so I have somewhere to show them off 😉

I have now posted the Up-cycled shoes tutorial here

30 responses to “Up-Cycled!! : New Year New Shoes…”

1. Heather{Our Life In a Click} says:

How cute! Hope you get that date night soon!

2. Julie Corbisiero says:

I think that they came out nice and have fun with your new shoes! Lol!

3. Kezzie says:

They look like irregular choice!!!!! Very very impressive! Now can you do a,tutorial on how please! X

4. amy mayen says:

Adorable!! I love the bows on back 🙂

5. mother.wife.me says:

Love these shoes… not sure I could ever achieve the same result, but I would love it someone did a pair for me…. ;)) I'd love it if you came and linked this post up to our new #AllAboutYou Link & Pin Party over on Mother.Wife.Me – I have co-hosts in Mama and More and City Girl At Heart. The Party is every Tuesday, but for our first week, we're keeping the linky open all week long, by way of a celebration!

6. Amberly Steele says:

LOVE to upcycle! Check me out at re-creations.biz. I will definitely visit your link party on Monday!

7. Karen says:

what a great, creative, and smart thing to do. love the shoes. stopping by from Mom in the USA linkparty

8. Cathy Kennedy says:

Hmmm, up-cycling your clothing & shoes…now, that's an interesting idea. You clever, clever girl! Happy WW & 2014, my friend!

9. Katherines Corner says:

Cute, I do upcycle things but I have never tried upcyling my own shoes. How fun! Thank you so much for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop so much fun Hugs!

10. Jill Flinton says:

Crafts are just not my strong suit. But those do look great! I don't think I could wear a heel that high though. Thank you for joining the Thumping Thursday bloghop.

11. Rebecca says:

That looks so much fun…..yes to upcycling stuff this year!Rebeccawww.redtagchiclosangeles.com

12. Pam @ over50feeling40 says:

Really cute and creative! Thanks for sharing it on the blog hop! have a great weekend!

13. Leanne Rain says:

They look fab!.. I did something similar to a pair of black shoes, I coated the heel in silver glitter 🙂 I love up-cycling #pocolo

14. Mary @over40andamumtoone says:

Very clever, I've never thought to modify my shoes, will have to put my thinking cap on #PoCoLo

15. Kim Carberry says:

Ohh wow! They are just fabulous! #PoCoLo

16. Victoria Welton says:

I've never thought of upcycling I have to be honest but these shoes look GREAT! I think I need to give it a try. Thank you so much for sharing with PoCoLo x

17. Sharon Pate says:

They turned out really cute. I would love to know how you did it. I have thought of up cycling but am not that crafty.Sharon