I am loving my newly up-cycled/re-fashioned Valentine shoes.
Polka dots, sparkly heels and heart shapes all over.
What better things to have on your Valentine shoes?
All of my favourite shoes things together!!
And my new and exciting shoes was re fashioned from a pair of old shoes.
These shoes were loved years and years ago ….
Then hide in the wardrobe and not worn for a long long time.
Old shoes with lots of marks on …
What you need:
- Old shoes
- Polka dot material
- Heart buttons
- Large foam hearts
- Strong glue
- Modge podge glue- gloss finish
- Pinking sheers
- Pegs to hold the hearts on the front until dried
What I did:
- Unpick bow at front.Make a pattern with paper for material for toe.
- Brush modge podge glue all over heels. Sprinkle with glitter. Leave to dry.
- Glue heel again (modge podge) and sprinkle with glitter. Leave to dry.
- Check all heel cover in glitter, (modge podge) glue and sprinkle any missed bits. Leave to dry.
- Brush some Modge Podge gloss/glue over heel glitter to glue and seal heels.
- When the paper pattern is a good fit, use pattern to cut material out for the toes area.
- Glue material down with strong glue. Wait to dry.
- Glue ribbon up one side and down other side. Wait to dry.
- Glue the heart buttons on the sides. Leave to dry.
- Glue the bows on the heart. Leave to dry.
- Glue the hearts on the shoes. Hold the hearts on the shoes with pegs until set.
What do you think to my Valentine shoes?