On my re-cycle/up-cycle re-fashion challenge I was very pleased with the out come of this t-shirt my son brought but never wore much and gave it me to clear out. I made a man’s t-shirt into a ladies vest and scarf!!
What you need~
- T-shirt with a rolled neck
- Sharp scissors
What I did~
- Cut both sleeve off just below the inside of the seams (as above).
- Cut around the neckline (as above).
- Pull the material softly to make a curl effect.
- I cut the back a little lower.
- Cut the end circles off the sleeves where the material is doubled, cut along the seam out so to make long strips and tie the ends (as below).
- Place the strips behind both arm holes on the back and tie together at the front of the back (as 2 pictures down).
Vest all done…
- Cut, level and cut the seam that was left on from the t-shirt off.
- Cut in upwards strips as far up as you would like.
- Pull softly to make them curl slightly.
- Tie a double knot in every other 2 so not to rip any more.
What do you think?
I loved doing this with t-shirts, and it looks so different.
No t-shirt is safe now!!
I will be refashioning a few now…