Now I really have the sewing and recycling bug here is my old unused dress and skirt turned into a new maxi skirt.
What I used:
- An old skirt that is too short.
- A dress that looks wrong on and will not wear again. (too short to be a maxi but too long to be a nice length)
- A bit of string.
- Buttons, needle and cotton.
- Sewing machine.
What I did:
- Tie a bit of string onto the skirt.
- Place a little bleach on and leave a few hours to fade.
- Wash skirt.
- Hand sew buttons on.
- Machine sew some ribbon around the bottom of a denim skirt.
- Measure the length needed for a dress to be cut at to make a skirt.
- Cut dress.
- Pin the cut dress bottom evenly around the bottom of the denim skirt.
- Sew together.
Add a belt and finished!!
What do you think?