Parkrun Parkfunday…

I am finally back on the roads and trying to improve my running..Last week we started back doing Parkrun on a Saturday mornings.For those who do not know, Parkrun is a free weekly 5km timed run. There is most probably an event going on near you? as there is hundreds going on all around the world.

9 a.m on a Saturday morning.
Why did we stop?
Exercise!
Family fun!
Timed run!
Only 5km!
Free!!
I do not know why we stopped!?!

It is a great way to spend quality time with my children, doing something we all love.

Last week me and my 2nd oldest son took park, this week me, my 2nd oldest son and youngest son took part.

Next week my husband may join us!?!

Just got to get my daughter into running now…

For some reason this year I have fallen out of love with running. I am hoping that trying to do most Saturdays ( when husband is not at work in the mornings ) morning runs will help me love running again.

No more excuses, from me !?!..

Got to be in it to win it  improve my running :):)

Claire Justine

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Ellie A
    22nd September 2014 / 7:26 am

Well done you, I am not the best runner in the world but this does sound like a great family activity and free, even better. You look fab, I might have to give it a go….I assume you can jog if running is too much? 😉 Thank you for linking up to #magicmoments

• Clairejustine oxox
      22nd September 2014 / 9:07 am

Hi Ellie, thanks for stopping by 🙂 yes you and run, jog and walk the events .. I know your not far from me so there is a few evens around here. If you do decide to give it a go, just hop over to the Parkrun website and register you and your family's names so you get your unique code. You print off these bar codes to scan at the end of of the run and then they send you some great stats with your times on, and you can see how you are improving each time you go ..

2. About JollyJilly
    22nd September 2014 / 7:59 am

Great pictures and I admire you for doing it. I love the idea of running but that never really happens in real life lol

• Clairejustine oxox
      22nd September 2014 / 9:07 am

Ha, thanks for the lovely comment 🙂

3. Seychellesmama
    22nd September 2014 / 9:00 am

Wooo way to go that's awesome!!! Love that the family are all doing it that's really fab!! Those pictures look great too!!

• Clairejustine oxox
      22nd September 2014 / 9:07 am

Aww thank you 🙂

4. Tamar SB
    22nd September 2014 / 9:13 am

How fun to have a weekly running event! Good luck getting back into the swing of things!

• Clairejustine oxox
      22nd September 2014 / 7:52 pm

Thanks Tamar, with running I always feel like I am starting again… Must try hard not to leave it so long between runs..

5. Debbie Stinedurf
    22nd September 2014 / 9:38 am

How fun! It's so cool that your kids are into running as well. :)Debbiewww.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

• Clairejustine oxox
      22nd September 2014 / 7:55 pm

Thanks Debbie 🙂

6. Coombe Mill
    22nd September 2014 / 10:14 am

I agree that exercise is a great way to bond as a family, I'm often out cycling over the moors or running along the coastal path with at least one of mine. It's so great that you can all do it as a family as well. Love the photos, very clever how you've done them. Popping in from Magic Moments.

• Clairejustine oxox
      23rd September 2014 / 11:37 am

Thanks, I love running with my children but my boys are all too fast for me…Hoping I can talk my daughter into joining me 🙂

7. Tas D
    22nd September 2014 / 1:28 pm

Thats really impressive, I can't run even a mile but I would love to build up to it somehow. It does sound like you all have a really good family activity which brings you all together and thats really lovely x

• Clairejustine oxox
      23rd September 2014 / 11:40 am

Thanks Tas, my first run was 2 miles ( 1 out 1 back ) with my sons and I stopped to walk about 20 times… you soon build up to run without stopping and the more you run the more you love it 🙂

8. bj
    23rd September 2014 / 2:05 pm

wow…you look so cute in your running clothes..:)I never could run…made my side hurt too much. I do love walking, tho.

• Clairejustine oxox
      25th September 2014 / 2:22 pm

Thank you 🙂 whoo I love walking too …