Mini Raspberry And Chocolate Nests.
These are fun to make and decorate with small helpers.
Perfect for a real tea time treat they can also be made into individual birthday cakes with the simple addition of a candle in the centre of each one.
How To Make Mini Raspberry And Chocolate Nests:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Finishing time: 15 minutes
- Little oil for greasing
- 25 g (1 oz) cocoa
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 175 g (6 oz) soft margarine
- 175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 150 g (5 oz) self-raising flour
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml (1/2 pint) double cream
- 100 g (4 oz) white chocolate curls
- 250 (9 oz) raspberries
Mini Raspberry And Chocolate Nests Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, 350oF, gas mark 4.
- Lightly brush the insides of a 12 section deep muffin tin with a little oil and line the base of each one with a circle of greaseproof or non-stick baking paper.
- Put the cocoa into a small bowl, mix in the boiling water until a smooth paste then leave to cool.
- Put the margarine, sugar, flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, add the cocoa paste and the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the sections of the muffin tin, smooth the tops level then bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and the tops spring back when lightly pressed with a fingertip.
- Leave for 5 minutes then loosen the edges with a knife, turn out on to a cooking rack and peel off the paper.
- Whip the cream in the rinsed and dried mixing bowl until it forms soft swirls.
- Split the cakes in half then sandwich back together with cream, spreading the remainder on top.
- Arrange the raspberries in the centre of each cake then sprinkle the chocolate curls around the edge to make a nest.
- Arrange on a plate to serve.
- To make chocolate curls, unwrap a block of white chocolate and turn over so the underside is uppermost on a chopping board.
- Run a swivel bladed vegetable peeler along the edge to make curls.
- If the curls are very tiny, put the chocolate on a plate and microwave on full power for 10 seconds to soften the chocolate then try again.
- If it is still difficult microwave once more and then try.
About this post -This is a guest post. No payment was received. Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.
What do you think of these Mini Raspberry And Chocolate Nests?
Great for Afternoon Tea!?