Few combinations are loved as much as raspberries and white chocolate.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the muffins:
- 300 g (11 oz) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 75 g (3 oz.) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 150 g (5 oz.) natural fat free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 175 g (6 oz.) raspberries
- 100 g (4 oz.) white chocolate diced
- 50g (2 oz.) white chocolate, melted
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with 10 muffin cases.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar together in a bowl.
- Fork the melted butter, eggs, yogurt and vanilla together in a second bowl until just mixed then add to the dry ingredients and fork together until just mixed.
- Add the raspberries and diced chocolate, mix together briefly then spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven set to 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then loosen the edges of the cases with a round bladed knife, lift muffins out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate the muffins with melted chocolate drizzled from a spoon or piped from a paper piping bag with the tip snipped off – no need for a piping tube.
- Leave to harden for 5-10 minutes before serving.
About this post -This is a guest post. No payment was received. Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.