Sugar, Spice And All Things Nice…
Embrace the festive season with this unique recipe for sweet potato and cinnamon muffins. Spicy cinnamon compliments fluffy butter cream to create a sweet treat that’s perfect for a thoughtful Christmas gift, special Boxing Day brunch or simply gobbled up fresh from the oven.
Sweet Potato and Cinnamon Muffins
- 3.7g protein
- 9.7g fat
- 1g saturates
- 41g carbs
- 22.8g sugar
- 1.4g fibre
- 0.3g salt
- 237mcg vitamin A
For the muffins
- 2 eggs
- 180g sugar
- 250g cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 50ml water
- 200g self raising flour
- ¾tsp ground cinnamon
For the butter icing:
- 50g sweet potato jam or any other jam
- 80g butter (soft but not melted)
- 300/400g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the oil and water and mix well.
3. Sieve the flour and cinnamon together before adding to the egg mixture. Fold everything together before adding the sweet potatoes.
4. Pour into the muffin case filling them about 3/4 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are cooked.
5. Place the butter and jam in a large bowl (you can use a food processor if you prefer) and slowly add the sugar a little at the time mixing continuously.
6. Carry on adding sugar till your preferred consistency has been reached. Pipe the cream onto the cold muffins and enjoy.
About this post~
This is a guest post from Love Sweet Potatoes
No payment was received.
The recipe was created by celebrity chef and sweet potato lover Felice Tocchini.