Thanks to Flora for sending us a Family Fun Guide last week. When we were not going out on our adventures we stayed inside making yummy treats. That was the snacks sorted for the next days outing. Our Flora boredom busting basket was full of crafty ideas and lovely ingredients.
We made these yummy easy peasy (and they were easy peasy) cupcakes to take with us on a day out.
Set up: 15 minutes
Cooking time:12 minutes
- 150g (5.3 oz) Flora Buttery
- 150g (5.3 oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 150g (5.3 oz) self raising flour
- 115g (4 oz) icing sugar
How to make:
- Put everything except the icing sugar into a big bowl and mix well.
- Pop into paper cake cases and bake at 175°C/155°C fan/gas mark 4 for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Remember making cupcakes is all about having fun, not about making the most perfect creations. So make your decorations as simple or as difficult as you want.
- For simple quick icing, mix two tablespoons of water with the icing sugar a little at a time until its smooth.
- Top the cakes with a teaspoon of icing each and add whatever else takes your fancy.
Earlier in the week we made some yummy pancakes using Flora’s recipe: Traditional pancake here.
I also shared some pancake fun here.
Making a puppet show was so much fun. Me and my son were laughing so much when he tried to hide behind the cupboards and fell over…
Cinnamon and Raisin Cookies…
Serves : 30
Set up : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
- 75g (3 oz) Flora Buttery
- 55 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 100 g (3½oz) soft brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g (3½oz) raisins, chopped
- 175 g (6 oz) self-raising flour, sieved together with:
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon and
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
How to make:
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing
bowl and beat together with a
wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Place teaspoons of the mixture on
baking sheets, previously brushed
- Bake on the middle shelf of a
preheated hot oven 190°C/170°C
fan/ gas mark 5 for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire tray.
We still have so much crafty fun fun to do over the coming weeks. Keep a look out on my blog to see what we get up to.
About this post :
We kindly got sent this Flora’s Family Fun Guide hamper to have some recipe and crafty fun over the half term holidays. All thoughts are our own and I was not paid for this post…