It was nearly 2 years ago when I ran my first marathon. London Marathon in April 2013.
Nothing much as changed since then. I still eat to much sugar and don’t run as much as I should do!!
Eek trying to change things now though! My first marathon I cried a lot. My second a little. This year I will be watching from the sofa as I was not lucky this year to get a place. Or maybe I was lucky as I did not have to train up,lol..
How much did I cry?
- I cried when I left my husband at the train station to go to the start of the London Marathon.
- I cried when I was all alone at the start of the London Marathon.
- I cried when I realised I was doing my first marathon.
- I cried when the marathon started.
- I cried when children in the street wanted to high five me for running.
- I cried when I got to 13 miles and my knees went.
- I cried when I realised I had to do another 13 miles with knee pain.
- I cried when I had 2 miles to go.
- I cried when I had 1 mile to go.
- I cried when I did it in 5 hours 12 mins approx.
- I cried when I met my family at the end.
- I have had a great day honest!!
Have you ran a marathon?
Did you cry after a race?