Hot Cross Buns Recipe For Easter. Happy Easter. Fancy making some hot cross buns?
Hello friends, are you looking for a Hot Cross Buns Recipe For Easter?
Hot Cross Buns Recipe For Easter
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1hour 30 resting
Cooking Time: 14-18 minutes
- 150g chopped California prunes
- 260ml milk – tepid
- 50g butter – softened and cut into cubes
- 7g dried yeast
- 600g strong bread flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 70g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1 tablespoon mixed peel
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil – to grease bowl
- 2 tablespoon plains flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1 tablespoon runny honey, loosened with a couple of drops of water
Hot Cross Buns Recipe For Easter Method:
- In a large bowl sieve the flour, salt and spices. Rub in the butter then add the sugar, lemon zest and yeast.
- Make a well in the middle and add the beaten egg and a little milk at a time and mix to a soft dough.
- Add the chopped prunes and mixed peel and knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a clean, greased large bowl. Cover tightly with cling film and allow to prove for around 1 hour – or until doubled in size.
- Once proved, transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12. Shape each into bun shapes and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Place another sheet of greaseproof paper loosely on top and cover with cling film. Make sure the cling film is firmly secured but allow space for the second prove. Set aside in a warm place and allow to prove for 30-40 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Make the topping mix by mixing together the 2 tablespoons plain flour with 2 tablespoons water.
- Once proved either spoon or pipe the cross on the top of each bun and place in the pre-heated oven for 14-18 minutes until browned and cooked.
- Once cooked transfer to a wire rack and glaze with the honey.
About this post –
Hot Cross Buns Recipe For Easter.
This is a guest post. Recipe and photo credit by California Prunes. No payment was received.
You Might Also Like:
Hot Cross Bun Recipes For Hot Cross Bun Day.