Will it be a boy or a girl? What are you thoughts?
I think a boy!?!
Makes: About 12 ‘Prams’
Prep time: 30 minutes (includes chilling time)
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Oven temperature: Gas 4,180°C,350°F
- 225g (8oz) Butter
- 150g (5oz) Icing sugar
- 1 Happy Co Egg – Whites, Biggies, Organic – beaten
- Rind from 1 lemon
- 350g (12oz) Plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- 400g (14oz) Icing sugar
- Lemon juice
- 500g packet white fondant Icing
- Pink food colouring
- Blue food colouring
- Piping bags & thin plain nozzles
- Pram cutter
- Honey or apricot jam
- Preheat oven to Gas 4,180°C, 350°F and line 3-4 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Lightly cream together the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg, lemon rind, flour and combine well together.
- Cover biscuit dough and place in freezer for about 10 minutes to chill.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is about 5mm thick.
- Use cutters to cut out about 12 prams.
- Place apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are pale golden.
- Allow to cool completely on a cooling tray before icing.
Make the icing:
- Place the sifted icing sugar into a bowl add about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix together – Add half teaspoons of lemon juice very gradually until you have a stiff icing (If it suddenly becomes too runny add a little more icing sugar).
- Half the mixture into two bowls, and add a drop of pink food colouring to one bowl & a drop of blue to the other. Mix well to combine the colour.
- Spoon into separate piping bags (look out for disposable piping bags – they are really easy to use).
- Take the fondant icing and roll out thinly on a flat surface – scatter with sifted icing sugar to prevent sticking. Cut out using the pram cutter – keep rolling and reusing the icing until you have 12 prams.
- Take each biscuit and brush with a very small amount of honey or jam and place the fondant icing pram onto the biscuit.
- Take the piping bag and carefully outline the pram and make or write any design you fancy. Repeat using all the biscuits.
- Allow the icing to set before packaging or eating!
About this post~
This is a guest post from the happy egg co. No Payment was received..