Can you imagine how long these lasted!?!
I love making anything with caramel, chocolate, cream or strawberries inside. So I mixed then all together and this is how they turned out. Best to make the base and caramel the night before or hours in advance so they can set properly.
You will need:
- 150g Cooking Chocolate
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g Margarine
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 397g Can of condensed milk
- 12 Strawberry’s
- 300ml whipping cream
- 12 paper muffin cases
- Muffin tray to set them in
- Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin pan.
- Place the biscuit into a food processor and turn them to crumbs and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat prof bowl over some simmering water,.
- When melted remove from the pan and mix in biscuit crumbs into the chocolate.
- Spoon the chocolate crumbs into the 12 paper cases and push down with the back of a spoon.
- Leave to cool.
- When cold place in the fridge to set.
For the caramel:
- Melt the butter and sugar saucepan over a low heat keep stirring until the sugar has all dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk and bring to boil for about 2 minutes.
- Keep stirring all the time for a thick caramel.
- Remove from the heat and stir until cooled.
- Remove the muffin tin from the fridge before the caramel starts to set spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Leave to cool then place into a fridge to set for a few hours or over night.
Once set properly:
- Whip the cream with and electric whisk and place a large spoonful onto the tops of each bun.
- Thinly slice each strawberry and place them onto the cream.
- Remove from the paper case to serve…