2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

I got sent some Slim Fast products to take part in the Slim Fast Challenge. All thought are my own and I was not paid for this post.

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results.

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

Two weeks ago I started a fun Slim-Fast Challenge, after realising I had put on a Stone in weight since Christmas.

I had not been doing much exercise, yet I was still eating the same amount of food.

This challenge was just what I needed. Giving me a push in the right direction, hopefully getting healthy again.

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

This past Saturday I hopped out of bed, grabbed a cup of coffee and a slice of toast and made my way to ParkRun.

This was my first 5km running event in months. ( I fell over whilst running and it is taking months to heal. )

Afterwards, I got home, whizzing up my recovery breakfast.

A yummy caramel Slim-Fast Shake. Just as I was drinking it, I remembered then shouted: “eek today is weigh in day.”

So a quick dash to the scales of truth!!

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

I nervously reached for the scales. Have I lost weight? stayed the same? or worse still put some weight on?

First things first I looked in my book to check my starting weight 146.80 lb then I stepped on the scales.

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

Watching the figures changing took forever. Then it stopped, flashing my new weight.

I got off the scales, did a run/dance around the house and then told everyone my new weight- 140.4 lb.

I have lost 6.4lb in 2 weeks.

I then finished my Shake!!!!

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results This Is How I Lost Just Over 6 lb In 2 Weeks:

• Following the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 challenge.
  • Joining a new gym and trying out different exercise classes.
  • Started running again, mostly about a mile and half with my longest run for months being Saturdays 5km Parkrun.

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

Whoop woo I am on a roll and loving it!!

With me doing more exercise than before, I have more calories available than I first thought. This was an unexpected bonus! Here are a typical days food intake.

Toast or a Weetabix for Breakfast one day. Slim-Fast Bar the next day.

Omelette or Slim-Fast Smoothie for lunch. Again alternating.

Days I had burned a lot of calories at the gym or exercise classes, I added another meal one of the above meals in so I was not too hungry.

A balanced evening meal. Such as Chicken Salad or Spaghetti Bolognese.

Also mixing a couple of treats, like a Slim-Fast choc bar, or a Slim-Fast bag of snacks or Fruit.

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results:

The last few weeks have been about trying to get the balance right.

Thinking about adding healthier food into my diet. Replacing a meal with a milkshake or meal replacement bar and eating lower calorie treats.

I have gradually tried to integrate the Slim-Fast products into my usual diet.

Doing it in a controlled way, rather than making sweeping changes, I knew I wouldn’t stick too.

I have been trying to be healthy throughout the week, although I have saved my special treats e.g wine, nibbles for the weekend.

Haha, nobody’s perfect!?!

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results

I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be. The good news is I am now on the road to the right destination!!

2 Weeks Slim Fast Challenge Results.

About this post-

• I got sent some Slim Fast products to take part in the Slim Fast Challenge. All thought are my own and I was not paid for this post…
Claire Justine

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Rebecca U
    26th May 2015 / 7:46 am

That is brilliant – nearly half a stone! I used to do parkrun a lot too,need to get back on it! #triedtested

• Clairejustine oxox
      26th May 2015 / 8:14 am

Thank you Rebecca, I did my worst time ever on Saturday. Now I am hoping to improve again 🙂

2. Julie - Ellen
    26th May 2015 / 7:58 am

Brilliant weight loss. I have always steered clear of meal replacement plans as I was anxious that such deprivation would set up cravings. The way you have done it sounds very balanced though and all the exercise can't have gone amiss. Thanks for sharing.

• Clairejustine oxox
      26th May 2015 / 8:16 am

Thank you Julie, only thing I miss with diets are treats!! (i have such a sweet tooth!) I loved the treats in this diet and the milkshakes or meal replacement bars were lovely 🙂

3. Emma Iannarilli
    26th May 2015 / 8:07 am

Hubby has just started this to lose a little weight for our hols – hope he does as well as you.#Tried/Tested

• Clairejustine oxox
      26th May 2015 / 8:16 am

Thanks Emma, hope he does well 🙂

4. Nikki Thomas
    26th May 2015 / 8:10 am

That all sounds really positive and you have a very sensible approach to the whole thing. I have been doing the challenge too with similar weight loss but I really struggled the first week but I have really learnt a lot about what my calorie intake needs to be each day and how exercise affects it too.

• Clairejustine oxox
      26th May 2015 / 8:19 am

Thanks Nikki, I struggled the first week, that's is when I knew I had to start exercising regular again. I would do a run, then have spare calories. With my fall I have got out of exercise and hated it. By the 2nd week I went a bit mad and did lots in the first 3 days and wore myself out lol. Week 3 and I am just about getting the balance right!?! hopefully 🙂

5. Kim Carberry
    26th May 2015 / 5:32 pm

Well done! It sounds like the weight loss is going great!

• Clairejustine oxox
      27th May 2015 / 4:29 pm

Thanks Kim 🙂

6. Kate Fever
    29th May 2015 / 5:27 pm

I love that you can still have some treats and snacks. The smoothies actually look much more appetising than I imagined too. Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

7. Kezzie
    29th May 2015 / 6:25 pm

Oh well done!!!! I daren't weigh myself! I know I weigh about 9 and a half stone now (or I did last time I weighed myself-probably 10 stone now!) which is the heaviest I have ever been- one of the cleaners told me I had put on weight (thanks for that- NEVER tell a woman she's put on weight- why doees she not know that!!!!!) so I should really do something about that!x

8. Colette B
    29th May 2015 / 8:16 pm

Well done! Nothing like a good kickstart to get you going is there. I'm stumbling a bit with my weight loss journey at the moment and its frustrating me but I know it's all in my head. Thanks for linking your review up with #TriedTested this week x

9. Anony Mous
    31st May 2017 / 8:53 am

Insoluble dietary fiber is found in food items such as whole meal bread and breakfast cereals. These can diabetic diet be a good way to satisfy hunger and manage weight. diabetic diet insoluble fiber does not lower blood glucose levels directly, though. Sweet food items such as confectionery, puddings, cakes and biscuits should be restricted as much as possible. Milk also is ideally avoided