Anyone For Tennis?

On a stroll through a nearby park a few weeks ago. My youngest two and me saw some tennis courts.  It took me back more years than I care to remember. I loved playing tennis as a kid, however like many things over the years I seemed to have forgotten all about it.

I had been thinking of something we could do together to keep fit, as the weather is warming up. My son is getting too fast to go running with. My daughter is not keen on cycling, so I thought tennis it shall be.

We borrowed some racquets off my eldest two, to see if we would all enjoy it. It is a couple of miles to the park, so I cycled there, my son ran and my daughter went on her scooter. Two lots of exercise in one trip.(Bonus). We have been regulalrly over the last few weeks, my son as usual is the best, although hubby when he turns up disagrees!!

As you can see on the pics they cover the full nets up until Wimbledon season, at least that stops it being busy! It has been great fun though. Although my hand eye coordination needs work!!

There is nothing worse that getting to the park and and forgetting your sunglasses!! I can never see the ball coming towards me when the sun is out. That is my excuse….

Good job my husband is off work next week as playing tennis with only 3 of us is not much fun for me. I end up being the ball runner!!

Linking up our outdoor fun with~ Coombe Mill.

Claire

1. Kezzie
    May 23, 2015 / 9:09 am

What a good idea!!! My sister and I uses to do that but our park was only round the corner. I'm not very good though!x

• Clairejustine oxox
      May 23, 2015 / 9:28 pm

Thanks Kezzie, aww I'm not to good. Just hoping I will get better 🙂

2. Coombe Mill
    May 23, 2015 / 9:40 am

What a great sport to do as a family. I have to confess to being totally useless and finding the racketts so heavy before I even begin, though I suspect they are lighter these days. We sometimes play at a friend who has a court in the summer, my older boys are always the best being far more agile than Nick and I but as you say it is a great way to be outdoors and stay fit too. I hope you keep it up through the summer, a great facility to have at your local park. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

• Clairejustine oxox
      May 23, 2015 / 9:28 pm

Thanks so much for hosting, stopping by and sharing 🙂

3. EmmaT
    May 24, 2015 / 7:13 pm

I love tennis although haven't played since post uni years. We don't have many courts near us, so you have to join a club to play really,and then it's hard to get there off peak because so much time is set up for juniors and team practice.I'm trying to find some mini tennis classes that we can get to, for N because I think he'd quite like to play. It's proving quite hard because they all seem to clash with swimming. I did find my old racquet in the garage at my mum's house when we were clearing it out today, so at least I've got that now.

4. pixiedusk
    May 24, 2015 / 8:39 pm

Haha I think its hard to be a ball runner so that is going to be a decent exercise! I just realized we have trennis rackets that we are not using maybe its time to start learning how to be the next Roger Federer =) #countrykids