As today is Chocolate Pudding Day I though I would share this Chocolate Puddle Pudding recipe that Canned Food UK kindly sent me…
Chocolate Puddle Pudding:
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder, sieved
- 2 medium-sized eggs, beaten
- 425g can prunes, drained
- 25g muscovado sugar
- 170g can evaporated milk
1. Put 100g each of butter (softened) caster sugar and self-raising flour in a mixing bowl with 25g cocoa powder (sieved) and 2 medium-sized eggs (beaten). Mix well until all the ingredients are combined. Drain, stone and mash the prunes.
2. Add the prunes to the pudding mixture and combine thoroughly. Smooth the mixture into a 1 litre oven proof dish.
3. Whisk 25g each of cocoa powder and muscovado sugar into the evaporated milk. Pour all the sauce over the pudding mixture and bake 30 – 35 minutes at 1800C/3500F/Gas4 until firm on top.
4. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar, with cream or Greek yoghurt.
This is a guest post from Canned Food UK. No payment was received.