What’s for breakfast?
We love breakfast in our house. Cereals throughout the week and fresh pancakes, croissant or waffles as a special treat at weekend. Yummy!
Anything cooked that is nice and tasty. We also like thing’s we can add yoghurt and fresh fruit too for a real teat.
Lots of people say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I can not work on empty and always need food when I wake up.
Ideally, we like to eat like a king at breakfast and eat something that will fill us up nicely and that will set us up for the day ahead.
We try to keep extra healthy adding natural yogurt and fruit whereever possible.
Last week ALDI kindly asked me if I would like to try out their waffle maker. (BTW, It is on Special Buy from today). Fresh waffles whenever we want them!? Yes please.
The machine comes in a bright yellow colour and will brighten up any kitchen. So off I go making everyone some warm yummy thin waffles for breakfast.
Waffle Maker Waffle Recipe:
- 250g Flour (plain)
- 7g Baking powder
- 20g Caster sugar
- 5g Salt
- 475ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- Toppings of your choice.
- We went for yogurt, banana and defrosted summer fruits.
- Weigh all the dry ingredients, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs into the milk and beat the mixture.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and mix all ingredients together until all the large lumps have been broken up.
- Do not over mix otherwise the waffles will be heavy when cooked.
- Pre heat the waffle maker and spray with oil (1 cal spray works well).
- Pour 3/4 of a cup of batter into the waffle maker and cook for 3-4 mins or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Serve Hot With Your Favourite Topping:
- Maple syrup.
- Sliced banana.
- Summer fruit mix.
- Natural yogurt.
Good To Know:
- Cooked waffles can be frozen and heated up in the toaster.
- Unused batter mixture can be kept in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
About The Aldi Waffle Maker:
- Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or a contender for a Michelin star, Aldi has a fantastic range of excellent quality, great value bakeware and kitchen accessories for cooks of all abilities.
- In stores on 2nd July and 9th July respectively, while stocks last.
- If you fancy mixing it up in the kitchen, Aldi’s Waffle Maker or Brownie Maker (£9.99) are just the ticket.
- Available in blue or yellow, both are simple to use with non-stick heating plates and can stand upright for easy storage.
- What’s more, the waffle maker makes heart shaped waffles, perfect for a romantic breakfast.
What I Think Of The ALDI Waffle Maker:
I think this is a sweet little waffle maker that makes cute thin waffles. We all enjoyed eating them and layering them up with fruit, yogurt and yummy Maple syrup.
I think we will get lots of use out of the waffle machine, and it is a real bargain for £9.99.
Importantly it was straightforward and quick to clean, so can see it getting plenty of use.
My eldest has said he may take it back to Uni in September. Best race down to Aldi to buy another!!
As with all ALDI special buys though you have to get in and buy one early as they will sell out quickly.
About this post :
I was kindly sent this ALDI waffle maker to review. All thoughts are my own honest opinion and I did not get paid for this post.