Mini Lemon Coconut Muffins…
Makes 48 mini muffins
- 2 Eggs
- 175g Caster sugar
- 150g Margarine
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 175g Self raising flour
- 125 ml Skimmed milk
- Lemon curd
- Desiccated coconut
You will need:
- 2×24 holed mini muffin tray or 1 24 holed tray and cook them at different times.
- 48 mini muffin paper cases
- Pre-heat oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4.
- Place the paper muffin cases into the muffin tray.
- Place the caster sugar, vanilla extract and margarine in a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix the eggs in one at a time with a little of the flour.
- Whisk all the floor in well.
- Stir in milk, then mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared paper cases.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and stand them on a wire rack.
- Place some lemon curd in a bowl and mix around with a fork to smooth.
- In another bowl pour some desiccated coconut in.
- With the back of a teaspoon, place some lemon curd on and cover the top of a bun, then dip into the coconut.
- Repeat with the other 47 cakes.