Guest post: French Goats Cheese
Fig and Mini Goats cheese filo tart.
Time : 35 minutes
- 100g Filo pastry
- 50g Butter
- 100g spread able goat’s cheese
- 4 tbs whipping cream
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 15/18 ripe figs
- 120g Soignon Goats log cheese
- 4 tbs Honey
- Heat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas 4.
- Take a 21cm push up bottom aluminum (this conducts the heat better) tart tin.
- Brush with butter and line with a layer of filo, lightly brush with butter and repeat until all the filo has been used to line the tin.
- Mix the spread able goat’s cheese and cream together with a fork add seasoning and spread over the pastry.
- Cut the figs into quarters and arrange in the pastry case, thinly slice the goats log and cut each piece into half and arrange in-between the figs, place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove and drizzle with the honey, return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
- The top should look glazed and golden. Serve warm or room temperature with a final drizzle of sweet honey.
- This recipe is great as a snack as well as a starter for a dinner party. Whatever takes your fancy really! Enjoy!
About this post: This is a guest recipe from French Goats Cheese. No Payment was received.