Chicken With Pesto Courgetti And Butternut Squash. A moreish, delicious dish for under 500 calories.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 350g butternut squash, peeled and diced in cubes
- 500g courgette, spirilazed
- Sea salt flakes & ground black pepper
- 200g roasted chicken breast, cut into pieces
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 large garlic bulbs
- 100g or a large bunch of fresh basil
- 100g pine nuts, extra for serving
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil, extra for cooking
- 100g grated parmesan cheese, extra for serving
- 150g Rachel’s Greek Style Low Fat Yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Take a small baking tray and roast the butternut squash with a splash of oil, salt & black pepper. Cook until tender and slightly caramelised and brown in colour (around 10 minutes).
- Prepare the courgetti with a spiralizer and place it in a large sauce pan or bowl of water to stop it browning.
- Meanwhile prepare the pesto in a small processor or with a pestle and mortar. Chop and crush the garlic, basil and pine nuts and use some of the oil to loosen the mixture. Blend until a puree is formed. Turn out into a bowl and stir in the parmesan and yogurt. Add more oil if required, then add the lemon juice, taste and season.
- Take a large deep sauté pan and add a splash of oil, then add a handful of courgetti and stir around as this begins to soften, then add another handful.
- Add the roasted chicken and 3 large tablespoons of the pesto sauce. Stir in the roasted butternut squash and continue to cook until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra pine nuts, parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
About this post: This recipe was provided by Rachel’s. No Payment was received.