A delicious beetroot soup recipe, perfect for entertaining friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 600g beetroot, medium sized, washed and chopped into pieces
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500ml beef stock
- Salt & pepper
- 125g feta cheese
- 100g Rachel’s Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the beetroot and cherry tomatoes in an ovenproof roasting pan. Next, throw in the garlic, onion and thyme and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Roast for 25 – 30 minutes until the beetroot is soft and pulpy. Remove from the oven.
- Transfer the beetroot to a large sauce pan and add the stock, simmer gently for 10 minutes, season and taste.
- Using a hand blender or food processor blend until completely smooth. If you like your soup thick leave as it is, otherwise use a sieve and push through the beetroot and vegetables to make the soup smooth and glossy.
- Divide between bowls and crumble a little feta into each bowl and drizzle some yogurt over the top.
- Serve with crusty bread.
About this post: This recipe was provided by Rachel’s. No Payment was received.