We love Granola here for breakfast but trouble is when we open a box it never lasts long as we all enjoy eating it!
I thought I would try and make my own so we can have it whenever we like.
I need to make a bigger batch next time as this was gone in a flash too!
- 225g Rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 125g toasted seed mix
- 80g Raisins
- 80g Dried Cranberry’s
- 1tsp Vanilla Extracts
- 100g Butter
- 50g Maple syrup
- 50g Runny honey
- Pre-heat oven to fan 160c.
- Place the rolled oats and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a pan gently melt the butter over a low heat. When the butter is melted, add the maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract and stir well. Remove straight from the heat.
- Stir the buttery mix into the bowl of oats and mixed well.
- Grease and line 2 baking sheets.
- Spoon the mixture onto the trays evenly and flatten down.
- Bake for around 25 minutes, until golden.
- In a bowl mix the seeds, cranberries and raisins.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the granola give it a little stir around to cook evenly as it can burn easily.
- 10 minutes before granola is cooked sprinkle the mixed seeds, raisins and dried cranberries on the granola mix around and put back into oven for the last 10 minutes.
Eat on its own warm or serve cold with milk or yogurt and fruit..