Parkrun Parkfun…

Yummy foods to warm us up..

We had to work hard for it first though..

Last Saturday me and my youngest son ventured out into the cold and icy early morning (well not that early but it feel like it in Winter) for a 5K run at our local Parkrun.

I really did not want to go, but as my son wanted to do it..

We went.

Really enjoyed it, once I had made effort to get dressed and go.

Trying to warm up. As you can see from my face; it was so cold!!

Giving it our all!!

Well almost!!

Bringing along our own little fan club.

My son finished over 5 minute before I did.

All done and happy to have finished!!

Then home for lots of yummy food to warm us up. Not sure a fry up for brunch is the best food for runners but it tasted even better as we worked hard for it …

Linking up our running fun with Coombe Mill.

Claire

1. Catching the Magic
    January 23, 2016 / 9:05 am

That's awesome! What a great Mum and inspiring son!

• Clairejustine oxox
      January 27, 2016 / 6:55 am

Aww, thank you 🙂

2. Coombe Mill
    January 23, 2016 / 11:15 am

Oh the fry up is most certainly the best food after a run, all the better when you feel you earned it and looking at that frosty park you certainly earned it. Well done to your photographer too capturing you both running past. A great sounding time for your youngest, I know mine would finish well ahead of me too, funny looking back at the years gone by when they couldn't keep up! Thank you for sharing an energetic morning with me on #CountryKids

• Clairejustine oxox
      January 27, 2016 / 6:57 am

Thanks Fiona, aww yes I remember those days, all of mine are faster than me now!!

3. Kim Carberry
    January 23, 2016 / 1:01 pm

Ahh! A fry up is a must after being out in the cold. Just the thing to warm you up!Well done you and your boy. x

• Clairejustine oxox
      January 27, 2016 / 6:58 am

Thanks Kim, all we did was eat afterwards lol

4. Tamar SB
    January 23, 2016 / 1:24 pm

Well done for running in the cold!

5. Kezzie
    January 23, 2016 / 1:26 pm

You look freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexzing!!! I couldn't do it, I really couldn't!!!!! Well done- the food is MUCH deserved!xx

6. Winnie
    January 23, 2016 / 6:18 pm

I'm really not into running and but looking at you and your son…. well, I'm tempted!!

7. Leyla Brooke
    January 27, 2016 / 12:00 am

I miss running at park run, but the volunteering is just as fun!

8. Chloe Ciliberto
    January 30, 2016 / 3:07 pm

I really wish I could run 5k! I don't think i could make it up the hill without needing to go home for a fry up! That breakfast looks delicious. Running does look like so much fun though, and a great way to warm up and wake up on a cold icy day. You're both definitely inspiring me to give it ago. Thank you for sharing your adventure with #whatevertheweather xx

9. Jenny Eaves
    February 1, 2016 / 7:51 pm

It looks great! I wish I had the energy for that, although I know a lot of people who go to our local one too with their little ones. Your son did really well to finish so much further ahead, great to know that he's found an exercise he enjoys. Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather 🙂 x