Creative Mondays is my favourite blog hop of the week as I get to see all your amazing creative ideas. Link up, have fun blog hopping and please be kind enough to link back to the hop in your post.
Last week, thanks to Delicious Alchemy I have been baking some Gluten Free valentine treats. Over the weekend we have been having a feast on our Gluten Free bakes..
Above : Some of the products from the Delicious Alchemy range.
First up I made some yummy cupcakes from their Vanilla Sponge Mix.
Strawberry Heart Cupcakes
- 1 packet of Delicious Alchemy gluten and dairy free Vanilla Sponge Mix
- 3 Large eggs
- 180g of soft unsalted butter or dairy free alternative
- 20ml Water
- 50g unsalted butter or 50g dairy free alternative
- 100g Icing sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 6 fresh strawberries, cut into halves
- Pre heat the oven to 180c/160c for fan assisted ovens.
- Place the cake mix, soft butter OR dairy free alternative, eggs and water into a bowl.
- Beat together with an electric whisk for 15 sec.
- Stop, scrap down the mixture and mix for a further 10 seconds.
- Line a 12 holed muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake for around 20 – 22 minutes, until lightly risen and a light golden colour.
- Take out oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Take out tray and leave to go cold on a wire tray.
- Wait till completely cool before adding icing sugar.
- In a big bowl sift the icing sugar. Add the unsalted butter OR dairy free alternative and mix until all creamed together.
- Place in fridge to set.
- Cut strawberries in half, place on a plate with seeds facing upward. Use a heart shape cookie cutter or knife to make the top of the strawberries look like heart shapes.
- Pop a spoonful of butter cream onto each cupcake and then a half of strawberry.
Then some bread:
Homemade Gluten Free Brown Bread With Cheese Hearts..
Cooks from cold
You will need:
- 1 Gluten and dairy free Brown Bread Mix
- (20g) 2 and a half tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 350ml Tepid water
- Unsalted butter and cheese slices. If on a dairy free diet exchange these for dairy free butter and dairy free toppings.
- Mix cooks from cold so no need to pre heat oven.
- Grease a1lb bread tin.
- Add the bread mix to the bowl, pour over the oil and water then mix together with a food mixer.
- Mix together on slow speed for about 5 minutes, making sure you mix all the mixture from the sides together. Transfer the dough to the greased tin, rub a spachular across to make it even.
- Cover with lightly oiled cling film and leave somewhere warm for 20 minutes.
- Place the tin in the centre of a cold oven.
- Pop oven on 220c/195c for fan assisted oven.
- Bake for around 80 minutes.
- Take out the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Slice the bread once cool, butter and cut some heart shape cheese slices out.
Cranberry And Oaty Large Cookie…
You will need:
- 1 packet of Delicious Alchemy Oaty Cookie Mix
- 75g unsalted butter or dairy free alternative
- 30ml water
- 70g Gluten free dried cranberry’s
- Pre heat oven to 180c/160 fan assisted oven.
- Grease a medium heart tray.
- Pour the cookie mix into a bowl.
- Add the dried cranberry’s.
- Melt together the butter and water in a small pan.
- Pour onto the cookie and cranberry’s, mix and stir well.
- Place the mix into the grease heart tray and level mixture with the back of a fork.
- Cook for around 22-24 minutes , until golden.
Now on to the party: Share what you have been baking, crafting or wearing 🙂
To join in the fun~
- Link up your creative, recipe, crafty, outfit or anything creative posts on the blog hop below.
- Visit a few blogs on the list to make the hop fun for everyone.
- Please try to include the Creative Monday button or a text link back to my blog in the post you are linking up.
- Be great if you would like to follow? let me know if you do, so I can stop by and follow back.
- Don’t forget to tweet me your links so I can re-tweet them.
This post is in collaboration with Delicious Alchemy.
The blog hop